Israel - Light onto Nations is an initiative, not a media watch organization. It is web-based and does not involve fundraising.

Israel - Light onto Nations endorses various Canadian media-watch organizations, such as: CLIC - Canadian Light on Israel Coverage, Honest Reporting (www.honestreporting.ca) and The Media Action Group (info@mediaactiongroup.com).

Did You Know?

Israel engineers are behind the development of the largest communications router in the world, launched by Cisco.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Ziggy Marley, Son of Reggae Legend, Visits Israel





Click To View Video

Ziggy Marley, son of Reggae legend Bob Marley, is in Israel, and Arutz Sheva met him at the Sheraton Hotel in Tel Aviv on Tuesday.


Click To View Video

Marley, whose wife is Israeli and whose three sons have very biblical Hebrew names (Gideon, Abraham and Judah), said he loves being in Israel.

“I like the weather here, I like the people, I like the vibes,” he said. “It feels like home to me.”

Marley’s songs, as well as others in the Reggae genre, include concepts deeply connected to Jewish history, such as Zion and Babylon.

“Jerusalem and the idea of Zion for us are really more than a physical place. They’re a spiritual place also,” he said.

When asked whether he, like many other musicians who plan concerts in Israel, was pressured to boycott Israel and cancel the performance, Marley said, “I got messages on Facebook from people who said things like: ‘Don’t disgrace your father’s name by going to Israel,’ but it doesn’t affect me.

“I follow the universe, I follow G-d,” he continued. “G-d made the sun and the sun shines on everyone.”

And what is his message to the people out there?

“I would say if I had just one message, I think it would be just love,” he said. “That is a mantra which has been true in my life and is something that has become even more at the front of who I am and what I want to say to people.”

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/145859

Ziggy Marley Video: Love is My Religion


Click To View Video